Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Social Networking Blues


I confess I am not a good social networker.  Actually, for a guy with multiple websites and networks of the social kind, I rather suck at it.  And the stupid thing is that if I were any good at all, I would generate tons more traffic to my sites, et al.

The good thing for me is that I am still able to reach millions of people every year, and this is in spite of my poor social networking skills.

In short, I am a crappy:

  • Facebooker
  • Youtuber
  • Blogger
  • Website administrator
  • Tweeter
  • Stumbleuponer
  • Entrecarder
  • Emailer
  • Friender
  • Sharer
               
But does this make me a bad person?

I sure hope not.

I have been doing this thing called the Internet for years.  I have had lots of ups and many downs.  When I first began the social network scene I subscribed to all networks as a means to spread the good word of livelife365.com.  I got into it so much that I produced this song and music video, way back in the day, for your listening and viewing pleasure.  Many of the networks are no longer relevant, giving you an idea of the challenge it takes to remain so in a nanosecond world where news and updates are just a finger snap away.

Please enjoy (again):




And enjoy my latest music video:





Until next time,

Peace,

Mike

23 comments:

Susan Blake said...

Hi Mike,
You are light years ahead of me with tech skills. But don't ever even KID about being a bad person cuz you don't update/communicate on social media the way others do. I think it speaks volumes for the in-your-face personal contact which you are no doubt a master at!
Hugs,
Susan

Unknown said...

thanks, suz...but i am still light years behind comments like these...always thankful and fulfilled from your nice words...hope you have a stellar 2013. peace,

mike

Jess said...

If you can reach millions with your voice then who needs social networks. You are a pro in my book.

Sarah Jones said...

Like Jess said there's more than one way to skin a cat. Keep up the good work.

Sarah Jones said...

Like Jess said there's more than one way to skin a cat. Keep up the good work.

Jacqueline Richards said...

Thanks for the post Mike. Even if you feel that you can't keep up with the technology, you still do a great job of communicating with people through this site

Tom said...

Dunno what you're talking about Mike.

You're a rock star!

Erin Krupp said...

Mike, you shouldn't feel bad if you're not good in social networking sites. What matters is that you're able to communicate with a lot of people through your blog. You even get to share your talents and your thoughts. That's even better, right?

Julio Yohe said...

Hi Mike! I share the same sentiment with you. However, there are many ways to boost your site without even engaging to Social Networking. The important thing is that you make a blog that has unique niches and will definitely catch the attention of your target audiences.

sms marketing said...

wow. post is very nice and impressive.and so informatiev too.

Jeffrey Dibble said...

Wow! Being crappy with facebook and other social sites but yet millions of viewers every year, that is impressive.

Good read.

Andy said...

Love the music Mike, didn't much like the video though but who cares.
Much better to care about the message i think you have been able to get across so passionately.
Keep up the good work and forget about the social network crap.
They'll be dust soon enough!

Social Media Marketing Plan said...

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the post "Social Networking Blues". I found it very helpful and expect other will find it useful too.

diesel engine reman

Mandy said...

Your video's are terrific. You don't need all that other social media stuff. Who has time for Facebook, twitter, Google +, tumbler, Pinerest. Well you get the idea.

Mandy said...

Your video's are terrific. You don't need all that other social media stuff. Who has time for Facebook, twitter, Google +, tumbler, Pinerest. Well you get the idea.

Morten Pedersen said...

The Entrecard service is long gone..... so I do recommend you to remove the widget as it is not working any more.

Mens indowestern said...

Good post….thanks for sharing... Very useful for me i will bookmark this for my future needed. Thanks for a great source...

Joshua said...

wow. post is very nice and impressive.and so informatiev too.

mickle said...

post is very nice and impressive.and so informatiev too.

Unknown said...

post is very nice and impressive.and so informatiev too


آلور اسپرت

دوربین عکاسی

آیفون تصویری کرج

پریست لایتروم

شنل بلو
عطر شنل

درب اتوماتیک کرج

عکاسی موبایل
آموزش کریتیولایو





آموزش کلبی وان

Michael Clinton said...

Yes. This is not new. Every single website owner has received that type of mail. But some of the methods are working to increase quality web traffics. A little bit of provides doing that work. And a huge amount of them is doing qualityless. So be careful if you get that, must be check they are really verified or not. Thanks

alwafaa campany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew said...

Thanks for sharing a very insightful news!