Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Odds and Ends...

Can you believe this weather? We are teetering on the verge of hitting 100 degrees, and for this time of year, that is way too warm. What can you do except kick back and kick on the AC, and focus on the things you can control, like the thermostat. Can't fight the weather, it never listens.

I'd like to give a few shout outs to some nice bloggers I've met over these past few weeks. Jessica at All About Habits, for some very kind words and excellent feedback on my site, livelife365.com. Check out her blog; you'll be glad you did. Very informative, great diet and nutrition information. Speaking of diet and nutrition: Visit Iowa Avenue, when you get the chance. This is a tremendous site, dedicated to healthy living, diet and exercise, nutrition, you name it--all those great things that I advocate on livelife365.com. Thanks, Lisa! Another excellent site, a spin-off of Iowa Avenue, is Healthy Lifestyle Bloggers. As the name implies, this is the place to be for tips about weight loss, fitness, healthy recipes. All these sites are loaded with informative videos and supportive offerings and tips from the best health bloggers around. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. I have links for all of these sites right here on my blog and at livelife365.com.

I am starting a new feature on my website that will showcase guest videos from other performers that either asked me to put them on my site, or just videos that catch my eye. The first one is: "Fired Up, Ready to Go," by Bergevin Brothers. It already has thousands of hits on YouTube, and after listening to it you will quickly understand why. Not only is the topic--who else, but Barack Obama!--newsworthy and important, the tune is very good. Why, you may ask, would I want to share space with what could be perceived as competition for my own political music video, "Pick One"? Because this is not a competition, it is the opposite, in fact. This election has inspired hundreds of songs because people understand the importance of whom we elect as our next president, and the unprecedented candidacies of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. So,I offer this challenge: all you Clinton and McCain music makers drop me an email! Send me something that tickles my political funny bone or sets my toes a-tappin', and I will add it to my "guest video" feature. Until then, watch and listen to "Fired Up," and, of course, "Pick One."

Lastly, speaking of the music of this presidential primary season. Check out the informative article written by Nekesa Mumbi Moody, the music writer for the Associated Press.

Nekesa interviewed me while researching this article, that appeared in hundreds of online sites, like Yahoo News. Alas, she did not include me in the main article (I was edited out), but was kind enough to add a link to my site at the end. Thanks for the shout out, Nekesa! I appreciate it!

That's it for the first installment of Odds and Ends. If there are any topics that you would like me to write about or make a video about, please add a comment in this blog or use the Contact Us or Messages tabs at my website, livelife365.com.

peace,
Mike

No comments: