Saturday, May 31, 2008

Is Self-Promotion A Bad Thing?


Here I am, dedicating a blog post about something most bloggers regularly do: promote their blogs. Yet, is this a good or bad thing? Well, when it's your blog getting promoted, it's a good thing, right? I'm half-kidding here, but you get the point. I am constantly being asked for an add-for-an-add, sub-for-a-sub, rate my blog and I'll rate yours, add me to my blogroll, scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. The bottom line is this: I don't mind self-promotion, not one bit.

One of the things I enjoy about promoting my blog is the social networking. I have met hundreds of nice people out there doing the same thing I'm doing--working hard at attempting to communicate to the masses about topics dear to our hearts. And if having to toot your own horn every now and then is what it takes to get the word out, then toot away! Okay, well, here goes:

I am excited about several things happening at livelife365 these days, including a new advertisement that I am showcasing in this blog entry. I welcome any feedback, but would really welcome anyone wanting to use it to promote my blog and website on their site. Drop me a line if you would be interested in adding it to your site.

I also have just published a new book, this one is called "Mikey and the Mysterious Kite." It is a young adult fantasy novel about an eleven-year-old boy who discovers a magical kite outside his bedroom window. The kite has the power to transport its owner anywhere in the world, during any time period. Read how the mysterious kite takes Mikey and his friends on an adventure that includes wizards, kings, dragons, and much more. Click on the link to the right of this blog entry or visit my Products page at livelife365.com. By the way, you don't have to be a kid to enjoy this story.

My last self-promotion is a video that I have posted at Metacafe and YouTube (as well at the bottom of this page) titled "Lose Weight at livelife365.com." Watch it and let me know what you think. In it, I bare my chest to show how much weight I have lost over the past several months. The fact that I have the nerve, or gall, if you will, to remove my shirt in front of potentially millions (on a very good day in my fantasy world) of people is testimony to how much I want to share the secrets of my success in weight loss. I have several videos dealing with health, nutrition, exercise and weight loss that, I know, can help countless people. I hope this video helps get the word out.

So, to self-promote or not self-promote? After reading this blog post I will let you be the judge.

Until next time...

peace,

Mike

1 comment:

GraficWorld said...

Excellent your blog .. interesting!